Required Competencies and Experiences
- You have experience in working with groups and workshops facilitation;
- You are interested in mentorship in community;
- You are interested for programs which seek to develop and improve social and life skills;
- You have NGO and/or educational background;
- You have a university degree in social sciences.
Much like mental health promotion, the positive youth development approach promotes enhancing youth strengths and positive outcomes through fostering healthy relationships and providing opportunities. Key competencies of development of resilience are self-regulation, mediation, active listening, reflection, team work and others.
By adopting different skills, young people become more independent, more self-disciplined, which allows them to develop following capabilities:
- Capability of presentation of vital questions and problems;
- Capability of collection and relevance evaluation of information;
- Capability of making quality and reasonable conclusions and solutions;
- Capability of communication with others in finding solutions for complex problems;
- Capability of outside-the-box thinking within alternative systems of thinking.
In order to provide to youth the opportunity to improve their skills, IOM has taken the task of development of series of workshops, which have the goal to develop youth capacities. The methodology itself is designed as a collection of materials and interactive activities in which every participant can acquire and develop certain level of skills.
„SMART Youth program“ (SMART’Y) is composed of 6 two-hours-long workshops, with the focus on specific topics, where participants, through own examples and interactive activities improve their skills.
What do We Offer?
- 4 day of training program for the facilitation of SMART’Y workshops (27 – 30 June 2019 in Skopje);
- Mentor Program for Finalization and Facilitators’ Examination;
- Certificate of Completion of IOM Training;
- Materials for Facilitation of SMART’Y Workshops;
- Possibility of Consultancy Contract with IOM for carrying out of SMART’Y workshops in Communities.
Three types of learning: experiential, analytical and practical
- SMART’Y Workshops – Experiential Learning
By participating on SMART’Y training you will experience unique effect of SMART’Y workshops. By letting yourself to activities from the workshops, you will experience the perception of future participants. At the end of each session, you will have the possibility to reflect your own experience.
- Theory – Analytical Learning
For proper understanding of the entire methodology, it is necessary to have good knowledge of the theory on which the very methodology is based. Through the workshops you will get to know principles of the effects of methodology on changes of behavior and improvement of skills, where every workshop focuses on different skill and capability.
- Feedback – Practical Learning
Through tasks and exercises on the spot, you will acquire basic facilitator skills necessary for management of these workshops. Besides tasks, through presented examples from the practice, you will acquire insights into challenges which are set before facilitators. By working in pairs, you will have the opportunity to try yourself in the role of facilitator, right away on the training, and, through the feedback from trainer, you will have the insights into your output performance.
Method of application:
We invite all interested candidates to submit their applications as soon as possible by sending a CV and motivation letter in English language, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the title.
The deadline for submission: 21 June 2019.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.